Sutton Dental Centre and Medical Aesthetics
38 Throwley Way
Sutton Dental Centre and Medical Aesthetics is a Dental Practice located in Sutton, Surrey. We have 2 Dental Hygienist who are currently working in Sutton, Surrey.
The Dental Hygienists working at Sutton Dental Centre and Medical Aesthetics have carried out some amazing work for all our dental patients. They specialise in preventative oral health and typically focus on techniques in Oral Hygiene!
Our Dental Hygienists typically have three main functions when they are working alongside our Dentists:
1)The main focus is on promoting and maintaining good oral health.
2)They also work on educating our patients on techniques to further improve their personal oral health and help them understand the importance of keep practicing their new oral hygiene habits.
3)Carry out treatments to stop Gum Disease and maintain healthy tissues in their mouth. This can be carried out by Oral Hygiene Education, Prophylaxis, Scaling and Root Planing on all who suffer from some form of gum disease.
Here are some examples of the results:
1) Unhealthy gums showing gingivitis, or inflammation of the gum edge. The gums are swollen, reddened and show loss of stippling. The gums are no longer well attached to the teeth. This is all caused by a film of plaque, which has been present long enough to cause these changes. The patient is complaining that his gums bleed all the time and especially when brushing his teeth.
2) Two week review appointment after having 2 sessions of treatment with the Hygienist. Treatment included Oral Hygiene Education, Prophylaxis, Scaling. The patient is now flossing daily and using the correct mouthwashes. The gum tissue is much healthier. The gums are pink, stippled and closely attached to the teeth. The gum edges are thin and flat. A very good result and the patient is very happy, even the teeth look whiter!
3) Here you can see Gingivitis which is now leading to Periodontitis. On the lower front teeth there are large deposits of tartar (also called calculus). This happens when the plaque has become hardened by calcium form the saliva. Plaque is soft and can be brushed off. Tartar is hard and needs to be removed by the Dental Hygienist.
4) Two month review appointment after having 4 sessions of treatment with the Hygienist. Treatment included Oral Hygiene Education, Prophylaxis, general Scaling and targeted Root Planing on the lower front teeth. The patient has followed the given instructions and achieved this excellent result within a few weeks, again notice the whiter appearance of the teeth!
1) To Prevent Oral Cancer – According to The Oral Cancer Foundation, someone dies from oral cancer, of every hour of every day in the United Kingdom alone. When you are having your dental cleaning done, the Hygienists are screening you for oral cancer, which is highly curable if diagnosed early!
2) To Prevent Gum Disease– Gum Disease is an infection in the Gum Tissue and Bone that keep your teeth in place and one of the leading causes of adult tooth loss. If diagnosed early, it can be treated and reversed. If treatment is not received, a more serious and advanced stage of gum disease may follow. Regular Hygienist sessions and examinations, daily flossing and brushing twice a day prevent Gum Disease!
3) To Maintain Good Physical and Medical Health– Recent studies have shown that heart attacks and strokes are linked to Gum Disease. A Hygienist session every 3 months will keep your teeth and gums healthy and reduce the risk of Heart Disease and Strokes!
4) To Keep Your Teeth– by preventing Gum Disease it gives you the best possible chance to keep your teeth for as long as possible. Keeping your teeth means better chewing function and better health!
5) To Detect Dental Problems Early– the hygienist can detect early problems with your teeth and gums such as cavities, broken fillings and Gum Disease. These are easily treatable. If these problems go untreated, root canals, gum surgery and tooth removals may be the only treatment option available.
6) To Maintain Good Oral Health– your hygienist will help ensure you are maintaining good oral health by visual examination and comparing with previous dental records. If you are falling off track with your oral hygiene, then your hygienist will guide you back to the right path.
7) To Use Your Dental Insurance Plan – your dental insurance plan covers you to have hygienist treatment sessions and dental examinations every 6 months without any charges. Take advantage of this and save a lot of money in the long run by avoiding costly dental treatment that can result from poor oral hygiene!
8) To Create a Treatment Plan– if your dentist or hygienist diagnoses any problems in your mouth, they will give you a treatment plan. This treatment plan should have the cost breakdown of the procedures you will need, so that you can discuss the best payment method for you with the front desk/reception team!
9) To Have a Bright and White Smile – your dental hygienist will remove most staining from smoking, tea or coffee. During your periodontal session your hygienist will also polish your teeth to a beautiful shine. The result? A whiter and brighter smile!
10) To Prevent Bad Breath – Dental studies have shown 85% of people suffer from bad breath, also known as halitosis have a dental problem that is to blame. Good oral hygiene is essential to prevent bad breath. Regular visits to your Hygienist will ensure that your breath always stays fresh!