Sutton Dental Centre and Medical Aesthetics
38 Throwley Way
Friday 31st May 2019
Your mouth is the doorway to your body, keep it clean and keep it healthy!!!
1)Brushing twice a day minimum.
2) Change your toothbrush or electric brush end every 3 month. Research shows that on average people in UK change change their toothbrush every 2 years!!!
3) Thorough daily cleaning and brushing in between teeth in addition to your normal brushing eg floss or TePe.
4) Regular and specific application of mouth rinses or gels containing hyaluronan to the irritated gums that are susceptible to inflammation and injury.
5) Removal of plaque and dental tartar by your dentist or hygienist, at regular intervals usually 6 months. Keep with active disease need to be seen more regularly such 2/3 months.
6) Stop smoking!!
7) Keep healthy to avoid long term illnesses such as Diabetes or Heart Disease, and if do suffer from such a condition then take even more care looking after yours gums.
8) Chill out and do not get too stressed!! It will reduce your immune system and worsen the problem. Come in and see me for a chat and I will look after your oral health and hopefully reduce your stress.
I hope this helps, and if there any questions please give us a call.
Dr Asim Zaidi
SUTTON DENTAL CENTRE AND MEDICAL AESTHETICS
38 THROWLEY WAY
T: 020 8642 1169
F: 0208 642 9748